Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Keeping the Portal Open

Most writers know that it's best to write a little something every day in order to "keep the portal open."

I haven't really been doing that much recently. I put the revisions off to the side and for a while wrote nothing other than the menu and grocery list each week. I slacked on the blogs as well, but more recently I've taken to heart the idea that using a journal always kept me "open," so I found a blank notebook (as if I don't have bunch of them anyway) and have been jotting personal thoughts and emotions in it. It's like opening the floodgates because I have a lot on my mind and a lot on my heart.

I'm of the belief that there are just some things that are too personal and private to share in any instance~ Things you wouldn't even share with your mother or your spouse, let alone perfect strangers or online acquaintances and friends. LOL

I've been "clogged" up, so I figured it was time to run a snake through the pipes and clear the lines so that everything flows more smoothly. It seems to be helping, though I think I've still got a way to go because I'm not fully "back" to working on my novels by any means.

I'm still feeling the residual effects of yesterday's sensitivity. I've always been sensitive- tuned in to things- nature, emotions, things I can't explain.

I'm now 3 days off the patches. A week recovered from the 3 dental extractions- I go Thursday to have my gums checked to make sure they're healing up good, etc. My daughter had a viral infection last week and now my husband is sick. He started feeling bad Saturday night with his sinuses, sore throat and running a fever. He went to the doctor yesterday afternoon and they said it's not in his lungs- yet, but it was headed there and he could have ended up with pneumonia again. They've given him antibiotics and some Claritin and he's been trying to get his temp down. I'm starting to feel a bit of a sore throat coming on and hoping warm tea and whatnot will ward it off for me. We can't afford to keep going to the doctor every time we turn around. It's been a crazy year so far.

Knock on wood- Here's hoping we all start feeling better soon!

No comments: