The Way to a Man's ♥
1 pound ground beef
medium onion, diced
1 (46 oz) bottle of Tomato Juice
8 oz elbow macaroni
1 box Carroll Shelby's Chili Kit (minus the masa flour)
2 cans medium Chili Beans
1 can Dark Red Kidney Beans, water drained from can
Shredded Cheddar (mild or sharp, depending on your preference)
1-2 cups water
Also good to have on hand-
- Brown Ground beef in skillet with onions, drain any grease.
- Mix together tomato juice, all C.S. chili seasonings except for the masa flour, macaroni, and beans in a dutch oven or large stew pot.
- Add browned ground beef and onion, stir together well.
- Add just enough water not to overflow the pan and place lid on top, tilted slightly.
- Simmer for about an hour- hour and a half, stirring often so that ingredients don't stick to bottom of the pan.
- Serve with crackers, topped with shredded cheese if you so desire or add a peanut butter sandwich on the side or however you like it.