Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Way to a Man's Heart- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

The Way to a Man's ♥
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
I've been thinking a lot about this and since December will be the last of my SCENTsational Saturdays regarding my own favorites about perfumes and fragrances- Ironic, my favorites worked out to be just the right amount for each month this year when I started doing it.
Starting next year, I'm switching things up and turning Saturdays fully into RECIPE day, so I hope you'll continue to join me through the rest of this year and into next year, as
The Way to a Man's ♥
 gets underway.
Today I'm offering my own version of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. My tastes have outgrown Campbell's Basic Chicken Noodle, but though Progresso has a decent one with big noodles and chunky veggies, I'd rather have fresh chicken instead of what comes in a can and a person can only eat so much Ramen before the body says- whoa...what's up with all the salt?
 It doesn't hurt that after making this on the fly based on what I thought ought to go in typical homemade chicken noodle soup, my husband and kids love it so much, it gets suggested all the time for the menu, even when we've had it the week beforehand.
So here it is-
Taryn's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Ingredients:
2- 32 oz. Chicken Stock/Broth
2 chicken breasts
1 small onion, diced
3-4 carrots, cut in rounds
3 celery sticks,
1/2 to a whole stick of butter
salt and pepper
12 oz bag Extra Wide Egg Noodles
Water

Crackers

Instructions:
  1. Dice onions and cut up celery and carrots
  2. Add them to a stove top dutch oven or large pan with 1/2-1 stick of butter
  3. Add chicken breasts, broth and pepper
  4. Simmer for 2-3 hours until chicken is tender, remove from stock and cut into bite-size pieces, then return to pan
  5. Add 2-3 cups water, salt & (more pepper if needed) to taste and entire bag of Egg Noodles
  6. Simmer on low-to med until noodles are done, serve with saltines
Have a SCENTsational Saturday!

No comments: