Thursday, August 13, 2015

Life As We Know It....

Boy oh boy has it been a long time. Since I last posted, a lot has changed. My divorce was finalized in May. I got a promotion at work, but I also lost my 12 year old furbaby writing companion. Sweet Miscellaneous, aka Mizzy passed away in February. It was the hardest thing I've ever dealt with, staying by her side until her last breath left her and the light went out in her eyes. I still can't much talk about it, or even think about it to imagine she's gone, without tearing up. It took me months to even consider a new furbaby. And then about a month and a half ago I guess..maybe a little longer, a close friend mentioned she had kittens who needed homes. And something about it clicked. I felt it was time now to open my home and my heart again to a fuzzy little hell-raiser.

This little punk nugget is Pyewacket. Affectionately named for the Siamese cat from the old Kim Novak and James Stewart movie, Bell, Book and Candle, which was a favorite of my aunt Debbie's and in turn a favorite of mine.

We battle it out on a daily basis, getting swatted at as you walk by, but then later nuzzled and all purrs when he wants to knead on you and slobber before he settles down for sleep. Poor baby's had fleas and we've been fighting that as well. Not a lot of fun bathing a cat...I'll tell you that right now.

Writing is still always on my mind, but not always something I have time for yet. I haven't forgotten. The heart won't allow that anyway... In the meantime, I'm adjusting to a new furbaby under foot and all over me when I'm not working that thing that pays the bills. As for Pye, he should have been named "Now you can never go to the bathroom alone." LOL


 And he's quite talented and acrobatic on the pole. Some days I worry I'll come home from work to find a neon "Live Nudes" sign hanging outside my front door. Is there a cat version of Chippendales? I'm sure he'd fit right in, shaking his furry money maker. He's got all the moves.


Hopefully now I'll have more opportunity to post more often and I most certainly plan to spend more time reconnecting with my writing world. Boy have I missed it! Have a blessed evening and enjoy every moment.

1 comment:

Michael Embry said...

It's difficult losing a pet. I had to cross that Rainbow Bridge in the past four years, and I still think of them often. I've since got two more rescue dogs, and they've been great companions. I'm sure your new kitty will eventually ease the pain, but Mizzy will always have a place in your heart. And I do hope you return to writing, even the blog.