Monday, August 27, 2007

Cicadas and lost momentum...

The cicadas are out in massive numbers this morning and it feels as though they are drilling into my head...stealing my ability to concentrate on writing.

I actually have a LOT of stuff that's breaking my concentration...mostly my head still being stopped up and aggravating me, but also a feeling of loss. A feeling that my soul is empty this morning...a vessel drained.

I suppose the best thing to do is to throw myself into my revisions so that I can try to take my mind off all the things that are keeping me from my writing. I should just push through it.

And funny now...all seems quiet...I don't hear the cicadas anymore. It's like I wiped the cobwebs away so now I will go.

I hope that everyone else is having a fine writing day...fingers swift over the keys as well as pen to paper, words flowing out as quickly as the thoughts come to mind. :o)

No comments: